People who are new to trading or looking for more investment opportunities can open an account with TD AmeriTrade online. Opening a TD AmeriTrade brokerage account only takes minutes and it is also activated just as quickly so account holders can gain access to a vast array of sophisticated trading tools, investment products, and independent third party research information. TD AmeriTrade brokerage accounts are not subject to inactivity or maintenance fees.
About TD AmeriTrade
TD Ameritrade has its headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. Founded by Joe Ricketts, this American online brokerage firm has grown rapidly through acquisition and has become the 746th biggest firm in the US. The TD AmeriTrade Holding Corporation owns TD AmeriTrade Inc. They offer services such as futures, option trades, fixed income, mutual funds, ETFs, common and preferred stocks, and cash management lending. AmeriTrade began as a small investment banking firm in Omaha. It partnered with other companies such as First Omaha Securities Inc. and TransTerra Company. The company got its new name in 2006 when it bought TD Waterhouse, which helped the company expand its product offerings.
These days, the company provides trading and investment services to 6 million client accounts that total up to $600 billion in assets. The company also handles more than 4000 registered investment advisors. Their services are now geared towards helping clients get a handle on their finances and then achieve and maintain financial stability.
How to Sign Up for an Account with TD AmeriTrade
To sign up for an account with TD AmeriTrade, you must have the name and address of your employer as well as your Social Security Number or TIN.
- Go to www.ameritrade.com and click open a new account or go directly to the new application page here: https://invest.tdameritrade.com/grid/p/accountApplication
- You will need to confirm your contact details, the fact you are a US citizen and what account you want:
- Joint Tenants WROS (With Rights of Survivorship)
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- Rollover IRA
- You can trade stocks, options, mutual funds, ETFs, bonds, and CDs in most investment accounts. Investment choices may vary in less common account types such as trust accounts, 529 education accounts, and pension plans. In most cases, there is no minimum funding to open an account, however, certain account types or promotional offers may have minimum deposit requirements.Please select the account type you wish to open.
- You then need to select whether you want to:
- Buy, hold, and occasionally trade stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, or bonds
- Actively trade stocks, ETFs, options, futures, or forex
- You are not sure:
- Once you are done, you can access your account and choose your trades or check out the tools you wish to use in the future.
TD AmeriTrade Hotline – 800-454-9272