Calls for free would be a dream come true for a lot of people, a couple of years ago. Not so much now because calling for free, through Smartphone’s, has been made possible after several application developers have come up with brilliant applications that allow Smartphone users to call each other for free, provided that both parties are connected via Wi-Fi or mobile data, to the internet. One such application is the Line app, which allows its users to call other Line users for free.
About The Line App
With thousands of users registered with the application, it allows calling for users of PC’s as well. Not only does the application allow free calling, but also has perks like free text and video messaging to other line contacts who are connected to the internet, games, group chats, unique ways to add your friends on the application and much more.
How to Download Line App for PC
If you’re a desktop user who is interested in downloading Line for your computer, you will need to be connected to the internet to do so.
- In order to download Line to your computer, you will need to have an android emulator installed onto your computer. You can download Bluestacks, a popular emulator, through the website http://www.bluestacks.com/. Click in the “Download” button that is relevant for your PC’s operating system and wait for the download to complete which will take a couple of minutes.
- After the download is complete, you will need to launch the setup file to complete the installation of the software. You will see some very simple and direct instructions onscreen, when you’re going through with the installation. Simply follow them and your installation will be complete within a couple of minutes. You might need to restart your computer after the installation is complete, for the software to function properly.
- After the installation is done, you can launch the Bluestack application and search for “Line” by typing it down in the search bar and hitting the search button. Click on the icon of the application that you’re interested in, and wait for it to download. This will take a couple of minutes. The installation will be done automatically due to the emulator being installed. You will then be able to enjoy Line on your desktop as you can on the Smartphone you use.
- An alternative method would be to visit the official Line website and click on the Download Line App link in the left hand column of the page. Select the OS you want to download it for, when a box pops up in the middle of the screen.
- Once the download completes, launch the application and run it by following the instructions and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the application. After installation, Line is installed on your PC successfully. You will need to register your email address with the Smartphone application of Line to start using it.
- Official website for Line: http://line.naver.jp/en/
- FAQ’s at Line for PC: http://line.naver.jp/help/pc/en/serviceId/10155