You can manage your Kindle by signing up for an Amazon account for free.
The Kindle is an e-book reader designed by Amazon.com. With its different models, you can read, browse, and shop for different e-books, magazines, newspapers, and other forms of digital media. The first Kindle was introduced in 2007, and was named as such to describe the excitement and enlightenment that one gets from reading. Michael Cronan and Karin Hibma, who thought of the name, thought that the word used to describe lighting a fire would be the most fitting word. Since then, the Kindle has gone through a series of changes, introducing one device after another. Eventually, the Kindle application was also made available for those who would like to use Kindle’s services on other devices.
How to Register for an Amazon Account to Manage a Kindle
You can manage your Kindle effectively by signing up for an Amazon account. You can do this by following these steps:
- Visit the Kindle homepage by following the link provided below.
- Choose your location by clicking on the appropriate flag.
- You will now be led to the Amazon Help Page. On the upper right of the page, click on the tab that says “Sign In”.
- On the login page, click on the button that says “I am a new customer”.
- You can now start creating your own account. Start by typing in your name on the space provided.
- Type in your email address and verify this by retyping it on the space provided.
- Create a password. Make sure that it has at least 6 characters. Verify this password by typing it again on the space provided.
- Type in your mobile number. This field is optional.
- Click on the button that says “Create Your Amazon Account”.
- You will now be led back to the Amazon website, with your account automatically logged in.
- On the top part of the page, hover your pointer over the tab that says “Fire & Kindle”.
- Click on the link that says “Manage your content and devices”.
- You can now see all your content and devices by clicking the appropriate tabs on top.
- You can manage your settings (payment settings, location settings, subscriptions settings, etc.) by clicking on the third tab that says “Settings”.
Kindle Support Page – www.kindle.com/support
Amazon Home Page – www.amazon.com
Amazon Customer Service (toll-free) – 1-888-280-4364
Amazon Customer Service (International) – 1-206-266-2992