Scanning the Yellow Pages is still a great way to find professionals and business listings whenever you need services. For your healthcare needs though, you can try out the resources and services offered by the NIH. Because your health is one of your most important assets, being able to take care of it by knowing who to go to for professional help is a great way to keep your body in check.
The NIH is a simple website offering the latest news on health development plans by the government, training and research, and access to professional health care services for your convenience. The website offers the updates concerning medical research and scientific studies which is funded by the government and makes accessing health information, medical research initiatives, and even news about clinical trials more accessible.
About the NIH
The NIH or the National Institutes of Health is a facility for biomedical research based in Maryland, USA. It is an agency under the United States Department of Health and Human Services which conducts researches for biomedical advancement. It is made up of 27 different centers and institutes which then conduct their scientific research about various biomedical science disciplines.
How to Find Services Near You
First, make sure you have a stable internet connection and a device which would allow you to connect to the internet and access the website. Next, follow these steps:
- Click here to get to the NIH homepage: nih.gov
- Hover your cursor on the “Health Information” tab at the top left part of the page and select their “health services locator.”
- Click on the services you wish to find.
- A list of resources and categories will then be given on the next page. In the case of finding doctors, you will be given resources of doctor finders or a list of doctors with specific specializations.
- Select which one is most applicable for your need, and you will be directed to the new page for the resource you need.
When searching for health organizations, you can choose from:
- Searching by name or health topic
- Alphabetical list
- Type of organization (further broken down into 6 categories)
Health information from the NIH: http://health.nih.gov/