Members of First Convenience Bank are encouraged to login to its internet banking facilities for the different conveniences that they offer. When you hold a personal account with this bank, you will gain access to your bank account anywhere through the net banking facility. You can generate e-statements of your bank account as well as make fund transfers which are convenient options as well. There are alerts you can set up to monitor your balance. Bill payment options and mobile banking facility can be activated through net banking. The same facilities apply when you are business account holder.
About First Convenience Bank
First Convenience Bank (FCB) has grown to over 300 branches after being formed in 1901. Part of the First National Bank of Texas and based in Texas, it has expanded into Arizona and New Mexico in 2011 and introduced a seven day banking facility along with extended operating hours.
Today there are more than 280 branches of this bank along with 380 Gold Key Network ATMs. The bank presently employs over three thousand banking professionals. There are new branches opening up in places like Houston and the bank is on an expansion mode across the country post 2012.
They continue to expand their online services for business and personal accounts which currently include e-statements (view your statements online or as PDFs), fund transfers (one-off or recurring payments), automated balance alerts, bill payments and mobile banking (personal accounts only). You can enrol for their personal and business internet banking services via their website and login at any time using the steps outlined below.
How To Set Up Net Banking Account On First Convenience Bank
When you open up an account with First Convenience Bank, you will be given a joining kit with all necessary tools to manage your account. In this kit you will also receive the telephone banking pin. In order to register you account for online banking follow these instructions:
- Go the the FCB homepage at www.1stcb.com and click the ‘Internet banking Log In’ text in the left column or yellow button with the same text on the top right. Click the big blue button on the right which says ‘ Click here to enroll in internet banking’.
- On the enrolment registration page you will need to go through 4 steps: confirm your identity (with you SSN number, telephone banking PIN and account number), create your login information, review the disclosure and then finally review your information and submit it. If you don’t have a telephone PIN click the link to be shown how to create one which will involve calling them and going through an automated menu to set up you PIN.
- Once you complete the form your details will then be reviewed and you will be sent your login information once approved.
First Convenience Bank (1stCB) Login
- Go to www.1stcb.com and click the ‘Internet banking Log In’ text in the left column or yellow button with the same text on the top right – they both go to the same login page.
- Enter in your username and press continue (this is the username you received by email after you were approved. If you have forgotten it then click the ‘forgotten username’ link and then fill in your email address, SSN/TIN and account number on the next page).
There is a separate login for access online statements but this can only be accessed if you have already enrolled for e-statements. This is done by signing in to online banking as normal (see above) and then selecting e-statements. You will need Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or above to read them. In order to get the PDF statement follow these instructions.
- On the First Convenience Bank home page click ‘E-statements Login’ in the left column.
- Enter in your email address and then your password (there is a password reset link below it if you forget it).